Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Scrapbooking Challenge, From Digital To Traditional

 Welcome to Traditional Tuesday with The Cherry On Top.

We started blogging a tutorial on how to get what I call this caterpillar effect for your photos.  I gave all kinds of tips, showed off different ways to place your photo strips and today I've got the finished result with a few more tips.



My apologies for my failing camera.  I hope I can get it fixed.  Ugh!  This is as clear as I can get the darn thing.

I decided to go with this look for my strips.  Click here to see many other ways to place your photo strips. 


Here are how you can use large photo strips.  The layout is very similar to the one above.


This is how you can use small strips.  Use a photo with a lot of background for the best effect.



Try to use contrasting colours with your matting and your background to make it pop.



It is so difficult to see the details on my page.  Bummer!  I used a large, wooden alphabet and glued it on the same paper I glued my matted photo spots for cohesion.  I used some coordinating washi under the title from the same Posh collection from Simple Stories.  I used their cute bird sticker and backed it up on the lightest pink from the collection.  I adhered it to my C with a tiny glue dot and folded up the wings just slightly to give it extra dimension.  I used a flower punch for the tiny flowers as well cut out flowers from that paper.  Once again, I gently folded the pedals of the flowers and used the same tiny dots for the centre of the flower as I did to adorn my date at the top of the page.  Simple scrapping with a nice result and not a lot of cash spent.

 free template

Here's another example of a digital page turned traditional. I've got a tutorial and a free template there.


 free Easter card                     Free frame template

This is a hybrid page backed up on a free frame template and my latest free hybrid, an Easter card.

Thanks for stopping by The Cherry.  We will be back with more freebies for Freebie Friday and another hybrid for Saturday.  See ya then!

No comments:

Post a Comment