Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Maya Road Mini Album Purse

Welcome to The Cherry On Top.

I am going to TRY and start blogging traditional type of scrap projects every Wednesday.  I work mostly with digital goodies and have branched out into hybrid, but when I get behind my crafting table and see all of these amazing goodies well, they are just going to waste and I love getting my hands sticky and glittery.  Hehehe...

I don't have any scrap projects finished that I haven't blogged already. I'm showing off a project that is nearly finished.  I'll do it in two parts which will keep the blog a bit shorter, give you more than enough inspiration and I'll share all kinds of tips and techniques that will help make scrapping easier for you.

The next part will be these pages, plus a couple more, the photos and the cover of the mini. I may also have a nifty gifty for you, too.  So, make sure you stop back for that.



Here is a look at Maya Road's purse that I am using.  It is very, very rigid. I also noted that it wasn't in their shop any more.  Bummer! But that's ok!  We've got a lot of other fantastic substitutions you can find at the bottom of this entry.

 Maya Road
Let's get a close up look at these tiny pages.



I may kick myself in the rear for making all of these pages without having my photos, but I'm still waiting for those pictures from my mom.  I want to make an album for my aunt, but I don't have any pictures.  She's a scrappy sister, too.  So, I know she will appreciate all of the work I put into this mini album.



Most of the materials for this album are from Webster's Pages warehouse sale boxes.  I bought two and wow oh man do you get a lot of stuff in there!  I can scrap for ages with all of the materials.  Papers, stickers, shaped papers, journal cards, embellishments like ribbons, mesh, flowers, pins... I was very imressd with the contents and all for $30 + shipping.  


I know for sure, I am not alone when it comes to not wanting to use, "the good stuff", but how silly is that?!  I sucked it up and I'm using ALL of the "good stuff". My aunt is worth it and I want this project to be sensational.

This layout above is from one small sheet from the warehouse box.  Then I cut out that bottom arrangement and adhere it to my paper with the pretty scalloped valance.  I used the images from the packaging, as usual for the butterfly and the bird cage.  Tip:  I gave the butterfly a dimensional effect by simply folding up the wings and adhering it to my page with a tiny sliver of foam tape.  Then added the three Sticky Dots to match the row of dots at the top for more cohesion across the page.  Tip:  I also left the bottom cluster loose at the top so I could slide a photo under.

A page like that is made in just a few minutes,  while this bottom one took some time.  I used more Sticky Dots, cut out the top part of the kite paper, then cut a sliver of that coordinating pink paper and then the lovely strand of pearls.  I used the bike image from the packaging and blinged it up with clear glitter glue.  I used different colours for the dangling ribbons and for the flowers.  I cut the kites out of a journal card and also added the same coloured glitter glue to them so that it all goes nicely together.  Shoo!


Something I totally have a problem getting the positioning just right.  I should have done a couple of pages upside down so when you flip the pages, you're not looking at an upside down image.  A page like this came in handy.  It doesn't matter which way you put it and it comes out ok.


Here's an obvious mistake.  I thought I had fixed it by covering up the upside down word art and then I realised my backgournd paper was also upside down.  Duh!  Hehehe...That is just so me.  Far from perfect.


This page is pretty simple, but I just love the way it turned out.  Webster's Pages has such lovely, timeless papers.  I layered up a fw coordinating papers, used some of their word art and lace from the box and added just a few of my own goodies in the form of that pink flower and the gems.  All purchased at discount stores.  Belgium does not have the awesome craft stores like in the States.  If you know of one, hook a sister up, will ya?!


I really love this page!  Matching up the papers from Webster's and using more goodies from the box.  Inked around their flower and added one of my own for a finishing touch.


I just did this page, today.  These little 6x6 papers are great for this kind of mini.  Tip:  Find a paper with a nice corner cluster like the one shown here and half of the work is finished.  I cut out those two circles from another 6x6 paper and inked around the edge in a coordinating colour, added one of my own flowers and BAM!  Finished in minutes.


Another paper with a beautiful corner cluster and a cut out from another.  Add some more Sticky Dots and shimmer and Ooh La La...Peprika!  Another layout made in minutes.


I did this page today, too.  I grabbed a couple of yellow papers going for the nearly monochromatic look and found this nice green with the same yellow in it.  Tied some more matching string, added the mandatory bling and these two tiny flowers topped off with more matching gems.  Tip:  I was very careful to use words and sayings that are very generalised because I have no idea what kind of pictures I am going to use.


These two pages will look great next to each other with the mimicking air balloons.



I'll do my best to have this ready for next week.  Just two more pages and the cover.  I found some neat examples with the same purse as well as some others since it may be difficult getting this book.  No worries, though.  We got quite a few templates on our Pinterest board and other projects in this blog that you can use as well.  Keep reading to see them.

Here's what someone else did with the purse mini.  It's linked up.

 Maya Road

 Maya Road

How about this beauty from Graphic 45?  Another favourite paper company of mine.  The image is linked up to a tutorial.  Isn't that awesome?

 G45 purse

Click on this image to get to our Cutting Templates board where you will be awed with all of the great projects there are.

 cuttable templates
Here's a look at another one of our paper, mini album purses.  There is also a tutorial and the basic shape is really simple, too.

 paper purse

Thank you so much for stopping by The Cherry.  We will be back tomorrow with a Throw Back Thursday Edition, Friday is always about freebies and Saturday's are for hybrid projects.  Here's a peek at that project.


To keep up with all of this awesomeness, follow us here, on Facebook and Pinterest.







No comments:

Post a Comment