Saturday, June 4, 2016

Hybrid Saturday with LissyKay Designs and a Free, Printable Card

Welcome to The Cherry On Top's hybrid Saturday.

I've got a bit of a special blog, today.  I'm showing off some awesome templates from lissykay designs along with some fabulous digital designs from your favourite designers.  I've got a bit of a tutorial on changing up your templates to customise your needs.  I've got an alternative idea on how to use digital templates and I have a free printable card for you, too. 

How sweet is this layout?  My boys devouring ice cream cake for JJ's birthday.  This Banana Split  kit from Kim Cameron is totally awesome!  I'll be using it again and again, for sure.  There are so, so many great ice cream related embellishments and of course some standard staples as well.

A template like this one from lisskay designs, is a fantastic way to show off multiple papers and layer, layer, layer.  Layers add depth and dimension to your pages either traditionally scrapped or digitally.  If you feel like your layout looks flat, consider layers and if you're doing it digital style, then add some shadows for even more depth.

 free template

This template is actually FREE.  Click on the image below to find out how to get it.

 free template

Here is another really fun template from lissykay designs.  I teamed it up with Colour Your World from LouCee Creations.  Another favourite kit of mine.  So bright, bold and whimsy fun.  It speaks to me.  Hehehe...

That's my cutie, Liam.  Both of my boys really love colouring, drawing and creating. 


Here is a glimpse of the templates in the set.  Absolutely terrific, right?!

 templates

This template is part of store wide collaboration at GoDigitalScrapbooking.  I used it to scrap up yet another birthday.  This time for Liam.  He asked for a strawberry pie and my husband baked it for him.  How dreamy, eh?  Liam was very pleased and oma and opa dove right in.


This is what the template looks like.  If you love it, like I do, click on the preview to get it.

Here is a look at another free template from lissykay.  I know, right?!

 free template

I want to show you how I changed it up and turned it into a printable card for my mom's birthday.  Take a good look at the above, original image of the template.  Notice the changes?  I got rid of the small squares at the bottom, the four dashes and the dotted frame.  I also didn't put tiny clusters on either side and I changed the location of the title.  I then, slightly enlarged the layers and centered them.



One other change was leaving off the white grid shape.  I wanted these neat ribbons to be a focal point and give my layout a soft, textured feel.  I also expanded the corner cluster to reach nearly the entire length and width of the frame for added drama.

That's me and my mom and thought it would be fitting for her card.


I always like to make my printables as versatile as possible so more people can enjoy them.  I'm sure you know the perfect recipient for this card.  Right click to download and make sure you adjust it so that it is the perfect size you need.


Here are a few suggestions.  I used an international size format, changed the image direction and placed it all of the way to the right.  I recommend printing on either glossy or rigid paper to give your card some stability.  If you use this format, print fold and cut and you'll have a standard card.  This one is 5x5.


You could also print it like this and your card will open at the bottom rather than the side.  The choice is yours.


I hope you enjoyed today's printable and all of this inspiration.  We've got more templates, inspiration, hybrids, printables and a ton of free stuff throughout the blog.  Grab a cup'a jo and scroll through.

If you really like what you see, consider joining our Facebook Group where scrappy sisters show off their digital AND traditional scraps and projects.  I offer all kinds of exclusive freebies and promotions there as well as tips, tricks and tutorials to improve your craft.  I'd love to have you join us.

Here are some other hybrids you missed.

This lovely card and mini accordion album using Paty Greif Digital Designer goodies.

 accordion hybrid

This really easy and fun air balloon using that same great kit from LouCee Creations.

 hot air balloon

These fast and simple paper pinwheels.

 pinwheel


Thanks for making The Cherry a part of your day!




SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment