Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Free Paper Purse Template

Welcome to The Cherry On Top.

We are going hybrid today with a super cute mini purse template from Wendy Bird Designs and Alexis Design Studio's gorgeous, digital goodies to pimp it up.  You'll have this project finished in two shakes of a lamb's tail with minimal materials needed.

Let's take a peep at the tutorial, learn some tips, check out some inspiring layout love and get that free template so you can get crafty.


I always start off projects like this with plain printer paper to get the gist of the folding, sizing and so forth.  The image above it just plain printer paper.  However, this next image is 300 weight paper and it was not good for this project.  I wanted to show you what can sometimes happen with more rigid paper.  All of the colouring came off on the folds.  If you want a distressed look, you're set!  Hehehe...Less rigid paper is much more forgiving with bendable types of paper projects.  It depends on what your project will be holding.

Find more of Wendy Bird's templates here.

I used a pink ink pad to fill in some of the black that was folded off and trashed my ink pad.  I also wasn't super thrilled with the result.  You could colour over the cracks, eye shadow also works, but could be messy if you plan on handling it. A black ink pad also worked well.  I would recommend using a lighter weight paper and be gentle with your folding.


For the free template, I minimised the pink circle a bit.  Take a look at some of the other embellishments you could use on your purse.  Vintage buttons, pearls of different colours, bling...


After cutting out your template, gently fold where needed.  Valley folds going inward and mountains ones out.  It's all fairly simple.  The sides are a tad bit tricky.  That is where you fold inward.  Put glue on the inside edges of the sides.  If you do use thicker paper, you may need to pin your sides until they dry, like I did here with paper clips.  For the regular paper, I didn't need to do this.


It's no biggie if your lines don't match up perfectly.  Grab your picky cutting scissors and just trim off where it isn't lining up right.


I used black scrap paper instead of the handle on the template.  This way I didn't have a white side like the purse in the first image.  It would look really cute if you hung some trinkets or ribbon from one or both sides of the strap.


I designed the lines as lightly as possible so as not to mar the overall look of your purse. Refer to the above image where the paper has already been folded if you need the visual. Right click and download to your scrappy place.


Supplies Needed:

download/template
printer/paper
scissors
glue
*optional embellishments

What kind of things could you put in here and what would you use it for?

Well, you could use them as party favours or to give a small gift.  It measures 3 1/2 inches.  If your printer can handle it, blow it up to the size you desire.  You could put business cards in there, chocolates, a gift card, chap stick, nail polish...

I'm still working on my Aunt's 70th Birthday Bash album.  Here are two pages I designed with Little Black Dress from Alexis Design Studio.  Click on any of the three images below to see this beautiful collection.


 sbg

This was my first layout and I started off with a template from AK Designs.  I didn't like the way it was coming out.  I enlarged the photo spots and just kept going with it, repeating some key elements for continuity and it turned out much better.

Don'cha hate when you've been working so long on an lo and you don't love it?  I rarely have the guts to start over so I just keep adding and adding.  Hehehe...

 sbg

This is just a taste of the collection.  See what other fabulous goodies are included.

 sbg

Don't forget that our freebies are for personal use only.  They are not to be resold or claimed as yours.  If you do download, leave us a sweet comment, share and or Pin as a way to say thank you.

(Hint for the freebie lovers.  Hit up that WendyBird site and click on the Freebie tab.  You won't believe your eyes.)

We wish you a super happy, scrappy and crafty new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment