Sunday, August 10, 2014

Best Bread

Welcome To The Cherry On Top!

I've got a special addition blog today.  I am sharing my most favourite bread recipe.  The best part?  It's a bread machine recipe.  Typically, TCOT does super fast recipes.  This one is really, really easy, but there are a couple of ingredients that take a few extra seconds to prepare.  However!  The ingredients that are timely could be replaced with easier ones or not even used, but don't go fool'n yourself think'n it will taste the same.


So let's get to the recipe!

This a garlic, herb and walnut bread.  Warning!  You might go slightly insane while it's baking because it smells more delicious than anything you have ever smelled.  For real!

I could not find the original version of this recipe on line anywhere.  Rrrr....Jennie Shapter is the author of the book where I got this from.

Here we go!

For a medium loaf:

3/4 milk
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or any oil really)
4 cups unbleached white bread flour (I've made this with regular flour, too.  Shhh.....)
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or a mix)
1 1/2 garlic cloves, finely chopped (or a teaspoon of garlic powder)
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped (or dried)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon rapid-rise active dry yeast

Follow your bread machine general directions for how to place your ingredients.  Mine is wet first then dry, and a well with yeast last.

You don't have to do anything special.  Choose the basic setting and bam!  That's it!

I read that for the best results, we should prepare it all in the bread machine, but bake it in our oven.

I've also got a very similar recipe that I found on line if ya wanna check it out.  It's for in the oven.

I'll be on vacation, again!  I'm going to post a menu from waaaay back and I'm going to pack.  LOL!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment