Monday, March 10, 2014

What Is Pinterest?!

 FREE STUFF
 Vintage Board
Hi there fans!

I've got a little something different for you today.  If you are already following me on Pinterest, well thanks!  You get the idea of what The Cherry is all about.

Pinterest is my other addiction.  It's a place where ya pretty much just look at pictures.  I love that! They cut right to the chase.  You can "like" a Pin by clicking on the little heart.  You can Pin a Pin, which is like putting it on a prick board.  The other thing you can do is comment on a Pin.

You "Follow" people, companies, Starz, etc...Things you are interested in.  It is totally FREE.  You don't get any kind of junk mail either.  If you set the right settings.  I've never ever had any kinds of problems with Pinterest.

To the left, I've put all kinds of images representing a couple of different boards that The Cherry On Top has on Pinterest.  Follow All of my boards or go through and pick and choose the ones you like best.

My most popular boards are "Free Stuff", "Color", "Templates" and "Scrap Ideas", but I have a lot more than that.

The first image is from a free stamp download I found on Pinterest.  It's fabulous, no?!  There is a ton of free stuff to be had there!  Check out my Vintage Board, too!  That's where you can find images like the gorgeous air balloons.  I just love that and recently used it on a layout.

Are you into DIY?  Saving money?  Buying things on a budget?  Then Pinterest is the place for you.  Look at that cool image with the wire wisks and the tea candles!  So simple and so fabulous!

I have all kinds of templates on my Pinterest Board, "Templates".  Like the one you see with the stars.  Great for scrapbooking traditionally, digitally or even for card making.

A little further down, you see an expanded Pin with a cool project for making jewellery.  I thought it would be great for your bored teens and tweens or maybe you like it yourself?!

Then you see a picture of poppy seed and lemon cake.  Yummy!  I get so many recipes from Pinterest.  If this is your thing, you can follow a lot of people who like the same things you do.  I like really healthy stuff with all natural ingredients and rarely deviate from that, but there are a lot of people out there who just love chocolate, desserts, wine, etc.  You name it and you can find it on Pinterest. 

 "Templates Board"


My most popular digital scrap board is A-manda Creation, but I've got a lot of other ones you can follow to keep up to date with your favourite designers.  The last image will take you to that board and the big "P" in the red box at the top of my blog will take you to Pinterest where you can find all of The Cherry On Top's boards.

It is really, really easy.  When you are on the internet and you see something, like say that layout with the cute little boy...hehehe...You'll have a Pin button at the top of your browser, if you install it there and you click on "Pin It".  Then you choose the board you want to put it on.  One that you create.

 "Food" Board


If you have any questions, feel free to leave it in a comment and I'll help ya get started.










That's my spiel on Pinterest.  I hope you'll follow me there.  Please put your boards here if you like and I/we can follow you back!

Have a super, awesome day and thanks for checking out the Cherry.

1 comment: